- Sweeney, Matthew M. (Forthcoming) Who can be a Leaderless Resistor: A Case Study Test of Literature-Based Assumptions of Leaderless Resistance. Studies in Conflict and Terrorism. DOI: 10.1080/1057610X.2017.1407480.
- Sweeney, Matthew M. & Perliger, Arie. (2018) Explaining the Spontaneous Nature of Far-Right Violence in the United States. Perspectives on Terrorism 12(6). 52-71. Weblink.
- Perliger, Arie & Sweeney, Matthew M. (Forthcoming). "Terrorism: Domestic." in Lauren R. Shapiro & Marie-Helen Maras (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Security and Emergency Management. Switzerland: Springer. Weblink.
- Perliger, Arie & Sweeney, Matthew M. (2018). "The Role of Deterrence in US Counter-Terrorism Strategy in Iraq and Afghanistan," in Eli Liberman (Ed.) Deterring Terrorism, New York: Routledge.
- Managing for Results: Implementation of GPRA Modernization Act Has Yielded Mixed Progress in Addressing Pressing Governance Challenges. GAO-15-819. Washington, D.C.: September 30, 2015. Retrievable at: http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/672862.pdf
Book Reviews and Media Publications
- Sweeney, Matthew M. (Forthcoming). Bring the War Home: The White Power Movement and Paramilitary America. Democracy & Security.
- Sweeney, Matthew M. (2018, June 19). What is the Sovereign Citizen Movement, what do they believe and how are they spreading? Radicalisation Research. Retrieved from: https://www.radicalisationresearch.org/guides/sweeney-sovereign-citizen-movement/ on June 19, 2018.
Manuscripts Under Review
- Dmello, Jared Romeo, Perliger, Arie, & Sweeney, Matthew M. The Violence of Political Empowerment: Electoral Success and the Facilitation of Terrorism in the Republic of India.
- Dmello, Jared Romeo, Sweeney, Matthew M., & Perliger, Arie. Explaining the Association
between Electoral Victory and Majoritarian Violence.
- Harris, Christopher & Sweeney, Matthew M. Understanding Police Union Contracts.
- Sweeney, Matthew M. & Kubit, Meghan. Blood and Scripture: How the Islamic State Frames Religion in Violent Video Propaganda.
- Terrorist Organizations and Tactical Diversity
- Terrorist Video Propaganda
- Media Portrayals of Sovereign Citizens
- Police Union Contracts