- Sweeney, Matthew M. Who can be a Leaderless Resistor: A Case Study Test of Literature-Based Assumptions of Leaderless Resistance. Studies in Conflict and Terrorism. DOI: 10.1080/1057610X.2017.1407480.
- Perliger, Arie & Sweeney, Matthew M. (Under Contract). "The Role of Deterrence in US Counter-Terrorism Strategy in Iraq and Afghanistan," in Eli Liberman (Ed.) Deterring Terrorism, New York: Routledge.
- Managing for Results: Implementation of GPRA Modernization Act Has Yielded Mixed Progress in Addressing Pressing Governance Challenges. GAO-15-819. Washington, D.C.: September 30, 2015. Retrievable at: http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/672862.pdf
- Spontaneous Terror Attacks of the American Far Right
- Terrorist Organizations and Tactical Diversity
- Terrorist Video Propaganda
- The Violence of Political Empowerment
- Law Enforcement Officer and Extremist Interaction
- Police Union Contracts
- Evaluation of State Anti-Gang Risk Assessment